REDEEMER
Be sure to check the 'Go - No Go List' for any updates!
REDEEMER
Be sure to check the 'Go - No Go List' for any updates!
REDEEMER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forums of the REDEEMER alliance

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Erna
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Regarding DOH and PARADOX attempt at stomping us
Game play tips EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:17 pm by Armagoth

» The dissolving Of A Legend...
Game play tips EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 am by Armagoth

» paradox should die
Game play tips EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:16 pm by Astana

» Signatures
Game play tips EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:23 pm by Astana

» Just introducing myself
Game play tips EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:50 pm by AkusolousEthereal

» redeemer forum
Game play tips EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:09 pm by Astana

» Chochumz the Traitor
Game play tips EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:04 pm by betacomplex

» Connection Problems Aug. 22
Game play tips EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:08 pm by Armagoth

» DIVINE Coords
Game play tips EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:09 am by Armagoth

Poll
Where do you think the REDEEMER alliance should be located?
 NORTH MARCH
 SAXONY
 FRIESLAND
 LOWER LORRAINE
 FRANCONIA
 BOHEMIA
 THURINGIA
 MORAVIA
 CARINTHIA
 OTHER (Specify in a reply please)
View results

Game play tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WDE

Game play tips Empty
PostSubject: Game play tips   Game play tips EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Disclaimer: I don’t know everything, but I’ve been playing on server one for a long time and have been through just about everything. I’m only posting this stuff as a guide. Believe me or not, it’s up to you.

City build – as you play, you’ll find that there are 3 things that are extremely important: resources, army and research. Overbuilding your farms, lumber mills, etc., early is a great way to ensure you always have resources to build whatever you need. In order to produce the army you will need, having several barracks is essential. Each barrack you have cuts build time by that number (ex - building in 1 barrack takes 200 min; 10 takes 20 min, get it?), so build a LOT. I’ve posted an example that I followed on server1 in another thread. Having a high level of each tech is a great advantage. If you examine the benefits closely, a high archery, compass, military science, can make a huge difference.

Scouting – when you scout anything, use as many scouts as you can and even include a high intelligence hero for an extra boost. Also, if you’re scouting a lvl3 npc, you should have at least lvl4 informatics to get good intel.

Troops
Early in the game the #1 advantage you can have is archers. ARCHERS RULE THIS GAME. They’re cheap, don’t eat too much and have great range. Naturally, cataphracts, ballistas, and catapults are better, but they’re way too expensive and they eat a ton of food per hour. It would be wise to have 1k scouts, 1k pike, swords, warriors, workers, and 10 k archers as soon as you can when your protection runs out. Anyone that sees this early probably won’t attack you, and you can win most battles with this many troops early on.

When you do launch an attack, be sure to use the ‘Darwin’ method. To show you the effect of this, go to your rally spot and exercise 2500 archers vs 10k warriors. Ugly right? Now, do the same thing with 2500 archers and 1 each warrior, sword, worker, pikeman, cavalry, and scout. Hey!! Big difference there and all you did was add 6 troops and you dominated.
Back to top Go down

Game play tips
Page 1 of 1